Thursday, January 21, 2016

My Left-Handed Golf Club

I've joined your club. I now play golf left-handed.

But only if my ball is next to a bunker that would make me take a stance IN the bunker to hit the ball.

Or next to a tree that is in the way of where I would normally stand to address the ball.

I have run into these situations too often to take it lying down.

So, I talked to my pro about it, and said I wanted to get a left-handed sand wedge for these shots, and his response was,

"Get a 9-iron."

So I did.

I went online to ironfinder.com and found a Ben Hogan Producer (1977) LH 9-iron in very good condition.

It came in the mail today, and took its place in my bag. I took out my 3-iron, which I seldom hit.

Now, the trick is to learn how to swing left-handed. It's really not that hard to do.

I just take my right-handed grip and swing back a little right-handed, then switch my hands and do the same thing in the other direction.

It takes a few tries to get it right, but it's coming along.

Maybe all of you should get an RH 9-iron for your bag. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment